The mission of the Maryland State Library for the Blind and Print Disabled (LBPD) is to provide comprehensive library services to the eligible blind and print disabled residents of the State of Maryland. Our vision is to provide innovative and quality services to meet the needs and expectations of our patrons.
- Books and magazines in Braille delivered either through the US mail or through digital download
- Books and magazines sent in a specialized format for use with the Digital Talking Book Machine mailed directly to the patron at home or accessed via direct download
- Books in Large Print delivered through the US Mail
- Accessible Technology Training by Appointment
- Accessible Textbook Conversion through the Maryland Accessible Textbook Program
- ADA Compliant Computer Workstations both at LBPD and across the state
- Accessible events and programs held at LBPD and over the phone
Library Hours: Monday – Friday: 8 A.M. – 5 P.M.
Reference Desk Hours: Monday - Friday: 9 A.M. - 4 P.M.
Special Announcements and Closings:
The library will be closed on Monday, February 19, 2024.
Solicitud en Español